NOW ACCEPTING IN-PERSON OSTEOPATHIC CONSULTATIONS!!!
We are pleased to announce that starting Thursday June 18, Spencer Jean, DO, DO(MP), MBA will be accepting in-person osteopathic appointments at our clinic; however, there are new protocols and procedures we need to follow to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, practitioners and our community.
We will be contacting patients whom had an existing appointment which was cancelled due to COVID-19 in sequential order based on their previously cancelled appointment date. Patient’s are able to be proactive to call and schedule appointments prior to us getting in contact too. Online scheduling is only available for existing patients at this time – please advise our staff if you’d like to schedule appointments online and we will email you your profile which you will use to schedule online.
NEW COVID-19 PROCEDURES AND PROTOCOLS
The following are procedures and protocols outlined by our associations, colleges, society’s and the government that we MUST implement in order to protect our patient’s, staff, practitioners and community.
- PRE-SCREENING AND APPOINTMENT BOOKING
- Patient’s will be prescreened over the phone while scheduling their appointment.
- Patient’s will be screened again the day of their appointment and before they are able to see the practitioner. This screening will be done in person by staff when patient’s sign in for their appointment.
- This will happen everytime a new appointment is scheduled.
- On the day of your appointment, you will need to review and sign a new “COVID-19 Risk Informed Consent” document.
- INFECTION AND DISEASE PREVENTION
- Our staff and practitioners will be practicing and complying with the updated Ontario Ministry of Health’s guidelines for the prevention of infection and disease.
- Patient’s will be asked to disinfect or wash their hands when entering the clinic.
- We will be spacing appointment times accordingly to ensure adequate time is allotted to disinfect examination rooms, tables, waiting room, etc.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- Our waiting room has been adjusted to maintain physical distancing protocols. Patient’s are advised to do their best to show up at their exact appointment time to ensure the safety of other patients.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Practitioners will be wearing a medical grade surgical/ procedure mask or respirator. Practitioner’s may be wearing face shields at their discretion.
- Patient’s MUST wear a a minimum of a non-medical grade mask for the entirety of their appointment. We ask that if patient’s have a mask they wear if into the clinic; however, we do have a limited supply of masks for patient’s if they do not have access to them or they forget to bring it. They must be worn correctly covering the mouth and nose at all times.
- We have placed protective shields at the front desk.
We are extremely confident that we are able to provide a safe environment for our patient’s to recieve clinical treatment and consultations. Spencer has completed 2 programs with the American Osteopathic Association specifically for COVID-19:
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) Techniques Addressing Respiratory Symptoms of COVID-19
- Frontline Perspectives On Treating COVID-19 Patients Using OMM
If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us by phone at 519-735-7555. We are going to continue to provide TeleHealth Virtual Consultations in addition to in-person appointments. To schedule a TeleHealth Consultation, please email email@example.com.
We are excited to be back serving and improving the quality of life of our community’s patrons. We thank you in advance for your patience during this time and for your understanding of the new protocols and procedures we must maintain.
Yours in health,
Spencer Jean, DO, DO(MP), MBA