We are pleased to announce that we are now able to offer Telehealth or Virtual Osteopathic Consultations! Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting any in-person osteopathic consultations. We are following recommended guidelines and will notify our patients as soon as we are able to accept in-person appointments.
ABOUT VIRTUAL CARE
Access to healthcare services can my all the difference in the world â€“ especially during these unprecedented times. The way of the world has changed, and we must adapt with it. With in-person services not currently available, we are still able to provide the highest quality of care through our telehealth or virtual care services at a distance.
Our telehealth services are easy to use, secure, safe and convenient.
HOW IT WORKS
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email or text link to your appointment session. This will enable both audio and video connection between you and the clinician. Any documentation that you need to review and complete prior to your appointment will be sent to you ahead of time.
If at any time during the session, we believe that an in-person appointment is urgent, we will provide appropriate guidance and referrals.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR TELEHEALTH OR VIRTUAL CONSULTATION
- At the beginning of your telehealth consultation, the clinician will review your case, obtain consent to participate in the session via the secure platform.
- Just like an in-person consultation, the clinician will listen to the patientâ€™s chief complaint, concerns and current status.
- The clinician will then perform an assessment. The patient may be asked to perform specific movements or orthopedic tests to help determine the osteopathic diagnosis.
- Once the clinician is confident in the proper diagnosis, a treatment plan will be recommended. The treatment plan can include but is not limited to the following:
- A thorough explanation of the condition/ injury.
- What to expect and the prognosis.
- A treatment plan which you can provide in the comfort of your home using the tools the patient has available such as electrotherapy, rest/activity, ice/heat, self therapy mobilizations, and therapeutic exercises.
- Any questions the patient may have will be answered to the best of our ability.
- Once the patient and the clinician have agreed upon the provided treatment plan, the clinician will recommend any necessary follow up appointments which will be scheduled accordingly.
- After the consultation has completed, the clinician will email the documented treatment plan to the patient which will entail a full description of the condition being treated, the detailed treatment plan provided, a pdf download of the therapeutic exercises prescribed as well as a direct link to review the video of the therapeutic exercises prescribed.
LEARN MORE AT WWW.CCCOSTEOPATHY.COM/TELEHEALTH/